Limerick/Clare/Kerry Region Joins European Recycling Society
The Limerick/Clare/Kerry Region, through the Regional Waste Management office, has signed up to participate in a European wide waste recycling project.
The region has become an active partner in the “Regions 4 Recycling” Interreg IVC European Project, a partnership initiative comprising 12 European Regions with the ambitious target to promote regional contributions towards a European Recycling Society.
The 3-year project aims to work on a common framework for waste data observation, selective collection and recycling rates where by assessing the local instruments (technical, economic or legal) with the aim to reduce the recycling performance gap between the EU regions.
The Limerick/Clare/Kerry Region, through the R4R project, is aiming to optimize its waste management practices, through exchange of good practices and to achieve higher recycling rates with the ability to benchmark Ireland with the partners across Europe.
The 13 partners are:
- Ile-de-France Region Waste Management Observatory (France)
- ACR+ the Association of Cities and Regions for Recycling and Sustainable Resource Management (Belgium)
- OVAM the Public Waste Agency of Flanders (Belgium)
- Odense Waste Management (Denmark)
- Municipality of Lisbon (Portugal)
- EFXINI Poli (Greece)
- Limerick County Council (Ireland)
- Province of Styria (Austria)
- Municipality of Tallinn (Estonia)
- Waste Agency of Catalonia (Spain)
- Municipality of Sofia (Bulgaria)
- Municipality of Zagreb (Croatia)
- Ilfov County Council (Romania)