Fog Licence

Under Section 16 of the Local Government (Water Pollution) Act 1977, (as amended), a person may not discharge trade effluent to sewer except in accordance with a licence issued under that act.

One of two types of licence are required

A FOG Licence (Fat’s Oils and Grease) is required for any Food Service Establishment (FSE) which discharges wastewater to the public sewer.  FSEs include but are not limited to restaurants, pubs, take-aways hotels, cafes, filling station forecourt cooked food counters etc. 

Trade Effluent and FOG Licences set out conditions with which the FSE must comply relating to:

For further information or assistance in preparing a licence application or management of compliance with your licence please contact us.