EPA Licence: IED, IPC, Waste

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is the competent authority for granting and enforcing EPA Licence’s & Industrial Emissions (IE) licences for specified industrial and agriculture activities listed in the First Schedule to the Environmental Protection Agency Act 1992 as amended

EPA Licences

The categories of industry coming within the scope of Industrial Emissions licensing are:

  • Minerals and Other Materials.
  • Energy.
  • Metals.
  • Mineral Fibres and Glass.
  • Chemicals.
  • Intensive Agriculture (poultry and pigs).
  • Food and Drink.
  • Wood, Paper, Textiles and Leather.
  • Fossil Fuels.
  • Cement, Lime and Magnesium Oxide
  • Waste.
  • Surface Coatings.
  • Other Activities (includes testing of engines, manufacture of printed circuit boards, production of lime, the manufacture of ceramic products, the capture of CO2 streams and treatment of wastewater).

Some of the classes are subject to thresholds. Any person carrying on an activity that is below a threshold must ensure that they do not exceed that threshold without first obtaining an Industrial Emissions licence.

If you are proposing to commence a new activity listed in the First Schedule you must obtain a licence before commencing the activity.  It is an offence to carry on a licensable activity without an EPA licence from the EPA.

For more information and for assistance with Industrial Emissions (IE) licences please contact us.

Share Button