A Waste Collection Permit (WCP) is required where a person wishes to collect waste for the purposes of reward or profit. In accordance with Section 24 (1) of the Waste Management ( Collection Permit) Regulations 2007 & 2008, a WCP is valid for 5 years from the day it was granted.
- The WCP is issued by the National Waste Collection Permits Office (NWCPO).
- A collection permit is valid for a maximum of 5 years from the grant date.
- Only list of waste codes (LoW) which are listed on the permit may be collected/transported.
- The WCP is specific about where the waste may be brought, i.e. only to the suitably licensed facilities as listed on the WCP.
- Only vehicles which are specifically listed on the WCP may be used for the collection and/or transfer of waste.
The application for a WCP must include the specified application form and supporting documentation, including:
- Records of wastes types and quantities collected.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate for each vehicle.
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate from Irish Revenue.
- Notice from nominated authority instigating a review.
- Certificate of Registration of Trade Name.
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Relevant page from the newspaper(s) in which notice(s) have been published.
- Details of any court hearing, case, nature of the offence and any penalty or requirements imposed by the court.
For more information on waste management, waste collection and facility permits, please contact us.