Discharge Licence: Do You need one?

A discharge licence is required where a trade effluent is discharged to either a public sewer, surface water or groundwater.

The Water Pollution Act (1977) defined a trade effluent as a wastewater, which is discharged from premises used for carrying on any trade or industry (including mining) but does not include domestic sewage or storm water.

For further information or assistance in prepare a licence application or manage compliance with your licence please contact us.