Solvent Regulations – which ones apply to your business

Solvent Regulations – which ones apply to your business

If you use solvents, it is likely that either the Solvent Regulations 2012 or EPA Act will apply to you.

  • The Solvent Regulations are aimed at solvent users who use 0.5 – 10 tonnes per year.  Such users must obtain a Certificate of Compliance from their local authority.  This certificate is valid for three years. 
  • To obtain this Certificate, the user must have air emissions monitoring carried out and a Solvent Management Plan prepared. 
  • The EPA Act is aimed at large solvent users who are over 10 tonnes of solvent per year and these users will require an Integrated Pollution Prevention & Control (IPPC)  licence.

If you are unsure as to whether these regulations apply to you,  please contact ECOS. We will be pleased to help you to develop your Solvent Management Plan and to manage you IPPC obligations.

T:  +353 (0) 61 633644  E:  W:

environmental consultant