- The Sustainability Research Call 2015 was opened on 10 June 2015.
The overall aim of the Sustainability pillar of the EPA’s Research Programme 2014-2020 is designed to identify pressures, inform policy and develop solutions to environmental challenges through the provision of strong evidence-based scientific knowledge. Sustainability is structured into four thematic areas of research as follows:
- Resource Efficiency to support research that will deliver solutions for more efficient use of resources, water and materials.
- Health & Wellbeing to collect data and make assessments of priority issues for Ireland and to mobilise this knowledge for use in environment and health protection.
- Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services including soils and biodiversity to protect, enhance and restore the ecosystem services we derive from our Natural Capital.
- Socio-Economic Aspects of a Sustainable Environment to identify opportunities for, and barriers to, leveraging and sustaining environmental gains through socio-economic approaches or mechanisms.
- 12th June 2015: Call Opening
- 10th July 2015 (5pm): Deadline for queries relating to the technical contents of this call
- 17th July 2015 (5pm): Deadline for submission of applications by applicants
- 29th July 2015 (5pm): Organisation Approval Deadline for authorisation by Research Offices
- August/September 2015: Evaluation Process
- September/October 2015: Negotiation
- November 2015: Grant Award of Successful Projects
EPA Research Call 2015 Documents