The Solvent Regulations Act: Does it apply to you?

If you use solvents, it is likely that either the Solvent Regulations 2012 or EPA Act will apply to you.

Solvent Regulations Act

Solvent Regulations

The Solvent Regulations are aimed at solvent users who use between 1 tonne and 10 tonnes per year.  Such users must obtain a Certificate of Compliance from their local authority.  This certificate is valid for three years. 

To obtain this Certificate, the user must have air emissions monitoring carried out and a Solvent Management Plan prepared.  The user should then contact an approved assessor from the panel of approved assessors.

ECOS can undertake the air monitoring, prepare the Solvent Management Plan and provide a list of assessors.

The EPA Act is aimed at large solvent users who are over 10 tonnes of solvent per year and these users will require an IPPC licence.

Click to download

Environmental Compliance

If you are unsure as to whether these solvent regulations apply to you, or need advice in complying,  please contact us.

T:  +353 (0) 61 633644  E:  W: