EU Industrial Emissions Directive
The Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government invites comments on the transposition of the Industrial Emissions Directive (2010/75/EU).
The Directive revises and merges seven separate existing Directives related to industrial emissions into a single Directive and aims to simplify existing legislation related to industrial emissions. The seven existing Directives are the:
- 3 Titanium Dioxide Directives (78/176/EEC, 82/883/EEC and 92/112/EEC) on waste from the titanium dioxide industry);
- Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) Directive (2008/1/EC);
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) Solvents Directive (99/13/EC);
- Waste Incineration Directive (2000/76/EC); and
- Large Combustion Plants (LCP) Directive (2001/80/EC).
Comments must be received, at the latest, by Friday 29 June 2012.