Another Job Successfully Completed by ECOS: Waste Collection Permit
A Waste Collection Permit (WCP) is required where a person wishes to collect waste for the purposes of reward or profit. In accordance with Section 24 (1) of the Waste Management (Collection Permit) Regulations 2007 & 2008, a waste collection permit is valid for 5 years from the day it was granted.
Our client, a Hygiene and Workwear Specialist required a renewal of their Waste Collection Permit. Works included:
- Site audit
- Consultation with site management to identify system inputs and outputs
- Identification of types of waste to be collected, their LoW codes
- Consultation with the licensing authority to ensure the client obtained the permit which best suited their requirements
- Liaison with suitable licensed facilities which could receive the waste and procurement of written agreement to accept waste from the client
- Audit of current client procedures and documentation of enhanced procedures to ensure compliance with current Best Practice
ECOS successfully worked with the client and the licensing authority such that a new and expanded WCP was granted, which enabled the clients to expand their business to address future market demand.
For more information on how to address your waste requirements in a cost effective manner please contact us.
T: +353 (0) 61 633644 E: email@example.com W: www.ecos.ie