European Commission Public Consultation
The European Commission is launching a new public consultation, which is meant to provide input for the mid-term review of the industrial policy communication planned for September 2012.
This review will focus on developing a limited number of new initiatives that can deliver substantial results in the short to medium-term.
The consultation is due to identify a number of key areas for possible policy intervention and asks for stakeholders’ views on options for changes. Issues covered include:
- SME-friendly business environment and entrepreneurship
- Access to finance and risk capital
- Industrial innovation and technologies policy
- Skills, restructuring and structural change
- Improving the Single Market
- ICT, internet and cross-border sales
- Better and more consistent regulation
- Energy infrastructure and competition
- Internal transport market
- Environmental regulations
- Resource-efficiency and recycling
- Energy and climate
- International market access and global competition
- Access to raw materials
The public consultation runs until 7th August. A summary report will be published on the public consultation webpage.
http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/industrial-competitiveness/index_en.htmMore information on industrial competitiveness