CLP Guidance on Regulation: 1st June 2015 deadline
Are you an importer or a formulator of chemical mixtures in Ireland? Then the newly published CLP Guidance on the ECHA website is a must read to ensure you meet the requirements for the classification of mixtures in accordance with the CLP Regulation ahead of the 1st June 2015 deadline.
- From 1 June 2015, the Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) Regulation will be the only legislation to apply to the classification and labelling of both substances and mixtures.
- CLP requires companies to classify, label and package their hazardous chemicals appropriately before placing them on the market.
- The obligations under the CLP Regulation are similar to the previous EU legislation; however, there are some important differences.
- An enormous number of products must be re-labelled to comply with CLP, including consumer items such as paints or detergents, as well as industrial mixtures.
The ECHA have presented a list of all the CLP Guidance Documents which are available, or will be available, from them relating.
- These documents have been developed with the participation of many stakeholders: Industry, Member States and NGOs.
- The objective of these documents is to facilitate the implementation of CLP by describing good practice on how to fulfil the obligations.