Waste to Wealth: Creating advantage in a circular economy
The circular economy eliminates the concept of waste and recognises that everything has a value. This includes looking at waste as the underutilisation of resources.
- Circular supply chain: Introduces fully renewable, recyclable, or biodegradable materials that can be used in consecutive life cycles.
- Recovery and recycling: Creates production and consumption systems in which everything that used to be considered a waste is revived for other uses.
- Product life-extension: By maintaining and improving products this model elongates their life.
- Sharing platform: This model helps consumers save money and make money while more effectively using assets.
- Product as a service: Performance of a product is valued over volume of sales and “leases” products instead of selling them.