The 4th ATP to the CLP Regulation (EC) No 487/2013 entered into force on 28th May 2013. It applies to substances from the 1st December 2014 and mixtures from 1st June 2015 but can be used voluntarily before these dates.
The main changes are as follows:
- New hazard categories for chemically unstable gases and non-flammable aerosols (see tables 2.2.2. and 2.3.1 respectively).
- Further rationalisation of the precautionary statements.
- Labelling derogation for substances or mixtures classified as corrosive to metals but not corrosive to skin and/or eyes. (See article 23 (f) added & Annex I section 1.3.6 inserted). This allows the GHS05 pictogram to be omitted.
- Allows the possibility to omit certain label elements from the packaging where the volume of the substance or mixture is below 10ml. ( See sections 220.127.116.11 (1 &2) and 18.104.22.168 to Annex I)
- It amends terminology of different provisions in the Annexes and certain technical criteria to improve consistency and enhance clarity
Source: HSA Chemicals e-Bulletin