Article 11 Declaration on Waste Authorisation

Waste disposal and recovery activities generally require a waste authorisation.  Which type of authorisation is required is dictated by the classes of waste activity listed in the Third Schedule of the Waste Management (Facility Permit and Registration) Regulations, 2007 (S.I. No. 821 of 2007), as amended in 2008 (S.I. No. 86 of 2008).

Authorisation comes in three forms:-

  • Certificate of registration (for activities listed in Part II of the Third Schedule);
  • Waste facility permit (for activities listed in Part I of the Third Schedule); or
  • Waste licence (all other activities).

If you are unsure as to which type of authorisation you require or if indeed you need a permit/licence for your activity you may make a request to the EPA to determine the answer for you in advance of making an application for authorisation. 

  • Any such request should be made in accordance with Article 11 of the Waste Management (Facility Permit and Registration) Regulations, 2007 as amended. 
  • The Agency may consult with a local authority in reaching its determination.
  • The Agency has developed an on-line form for making an Article 11 request. 

Alternately, please feel free to contact us to discuss your activity or process and we can guide you on the best way to address your requirements based on our experience of regulatory requirements and using our well established lines of communication to the EPA and the various local authorities responsible for waste permits and licences.

Share Button