We are hiring: Environmental Consultant: 2 – 5 years experience
We are seeking a suitably qualified environmental scientist with 2 – 5 years proven experience in preparing waste facility permit applications and environmental management.
The successful candidate will work on and lead projects relating to and including:
- Waste Facility Permit applications
- Waste Collection Permit and Discharge Licence applications and compliance management
- Resource efficiency
- Environmental management
Roles / Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include:
- Provision of consultancy advice to a broad spectrum of clients on issues relating to environmental licences & permits, resource efficiency, circular economy and general environmental management.
- Preparation of environmental licence and permit applications relating to waste and wastewater.
- Project management and technical lead for specific projects relevant to demonstrated skill-sets and experience
- Compliance management and reporting related to EPA, Local Authority and Uisce Éireann licences & permits
- Desk based research and feasibility studies relating to waste management, circular economy and resource efficiency.
- Representing ECOS and interacting with our clients, associates, environmental regulators and contacts both in terms of technical project work and business development.
- Undertaking other duties as may be required to support ECOS activities and projects.
Education / Professional Qualifications:
- A third level qualification (Degree/Masters) in environmental science/engineering or related discipline
- Additional specific studies and/or professional qualification relating to environmental management, licensing and compliance.
The successful applicant will be able to reference and demonstrate their track record in the area of environmental management and will have strong experience in the area of waste facility permit application in particular.
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following behaviours and attributes:
- Excellent oral/ written communication and presentation skills and report writing skills.
- Strong project management skills, including technical delivery, client liaison and programme delivery on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Highly motivated individual with strong attention to detail.
- A self starter who is able to demonstrate their ability to work both on their own initiative and within project teams.
- Strong organisational, technical, numerical and communication skills and will demonstrate logical thinking and concise reporting.
- Support ECOS core values
- Applicants should have their own transport and a Full Clean Driving Licence.
- Fluent spoken English is a requirement.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence in delivery in the following areas:
- Environmental licences and permits including processes for applications, renewals and management
- Environmental management and best practice and the EU legislation which governs them.
Based out of our Limerick office with project work at various other locations subject to client requirements.
- Salary is commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience and suitability
- Professional membership fees.
- Flexible working hours.
- Hybrid working arrangement option available.
- A strong CPD commitment.
Contract of Indefinite Duration subject to 6 month probationary period
Applicants should provide a cover letter and CV which demonstrates their suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29 February 2024 quoting reference E224.