Environmental Consultant: Graduate Role with excellent opportunities for career growth.
We are seeking a suitably qualified graduate environmental scientist with a good technical knowledge in the areas of environmental management, licences and permits.
The successful candidate will work on projects related to and including :
- Waste Collection Permits, Waste Facility Permits and Discharge Licences including applications and compliance management
- Resource efficiency
- Environmental management
Roles / Responsibilities:
Reporting to a senior consultant responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of environmental licence and permit applications relating to waste and wastewater.
- Compliance Management and Reporting related to EPA, Local Authority and Uisce Éireann licences & permits
- Desk based research and feasibility studies relating to waste management and resource efficiency.
- Representing ECOS and interacting with our clients, associates and environmental regulators.
- Undertaking other duties as may be required to support ECOS activities and projects.
Education / Professional Qualifications:
- A third level qualification (Degree/Masters) in environmental science/engineering or related discipline
The successful candidate should display the following behaviours and attributes:
- Excellent oral/ written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated individual with strong attention to detail.
- A self starter who is able to demonstrate their ability to work both on their own initiative as well as take direction.
- Strong organisational, technical, numerical and communication skills.
- Logical thinking and concise reporting skills.
- Open and enquiring mind and able to demonstrate their willingness to develop their knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis.
- Thrive in a busy work environment and demonstrating how to structure projects and deliver goals within tight deadlines.
- Support ECOS core values
- Applicants should have their own transport and a Full Clean Driving Licence.
- Fluent spoken English is a requirement.
Based out of our Limerick office with project work at various other locations subject to client requirements.
- Salary is commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience and suitability
- Professional membership fees.
- Flexible working hours.
- A strong CPD commitment.
Contract of Indefinite Duration subject to 6 month probationary period
Applicants should provide a cover letter and CV which demonstrates their suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29 February 2024 quoting reference G224