A Waste Collection Permit (WCP) is required where a person wishes to collect waste for the purposes of reward or profit. In accordance with Section 24 (1) of the Waste Management ( Collection Permit) Regulations 2007 & 2008, a waste collection permit is valid for 5 years from the day it was granted.
- The waste collection permit is issued by the National Waste Collection Permits Office (NWCPO).
- A WCP is valid for a maximum of 5 years from the grant date.
- Only list of waste codes (LoW) which are listed on the permit may be collected/transported.
- The WCP is specific about where the waste may be brought, i.e. only to the suitably licensed facilities as listed on the waste collection permit.
- Only vehicles which are specifically listed on the WCP may be used for the collection and/or transfer of waste.The waste collection permit
The application for a waste collection permit must include the specified application form and supporting documentation, including:
- Records of wastes types and quantities collected.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate for each vehicle.
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate from Irish Revenue
- Notice from nominated authority instigating a review
- Certificate of Registration of Trade Name
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Relevant page from the newspaper(s) in which notice(s) have been published.
- Details of any court hearing, case, nature of the offence and any penalty or requirements imposed by the court.
Further guidance on required documentation is presented in:
- NWCPO Guidance Manual: Waste Collection Permit Regulations
- NWCPO Waste Collection Permit Application Form.
For more information on waste management, waste collection and facility permits and how to optimise your business, please contact us.
T: +353 (0) 61 633644 E: email@example.com W: www.ecos.ie